1. Boe C, Vangsness CT. Fish oil and osteoarthritis: current evidence. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2015;44(7):302-5.
2. Buckley LM, Leib ES, Cartularo KS, Vacek PM, Cooper SM. Calcium and vitamin D3 supplementation prevents bone loss in the spine secondary to low-dose corticosteroids in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 1996;125(12):961-8.
3. Choi SK, Park YS, Choi DK, Chang HI. Effects of astaxanthin on the production of NO and the expression of COX-2 and iNOS in LPS-stimulated BV2 microglial cells. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18(12):1990-6.
4. Clegg et al. Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and the two in combination for painful knee osteoarthritis. N Engl J Med. 2006;354(8):795-808.
5. Deutsch L. Evaluation of the effect of Neptune Krill Oil on chronic inflammation and arthritic symptoms. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007;26(1):39-48.
6. Grimstad et al. Dietary supplementation of krill oil attenuates inflammation and oxidative stress in experimental ulcerative colitis in rats. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2012;47(1):49-58.
7. Ierna M, Kerr A, Scales H, Berge K, Griinari M. Supplementation of diet with krill oil protects against experimental rheumatoid arthritis. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010;11:136.
8. Kim YJ, Kim YA, Yokozawa T. Protection against oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis of high-glucose-exposed proximal tubular epithelial cells by astaxanthin. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57(19):8793-7.
9. Kongtharvonskul et al. Efficacy and safety of glucosamine, diacerin, and NSAIDs in osteoarthritis knee: a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Eur J Med Res. 2015;20:24.
10. Laird E, Ward M, McSorley E, Strain JJ, Wallace J. Vitamin D and bone health: potential mechanisms. Nutrients. 2010;2(7):693-724.
11. Ramirez J. Krill oil optimizes multimodal arthritis control. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/11/krill-oil-optimizes-multimodal-arthritis-control/page-01. Published November 2011. Accessed June 23, 2015.
12. Ramprasath VR, Eyal I, Zchut S, Jones PJ. Enhanced increase of omega-3 index in healthy individuals with response to 4-week n-3 fatty acid supplementation from krill oil versus fish oil. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:178.
13. Sadeghi et al. The relationship between bone health and plasma zinc, copper lead and cadium concentration in osteoporotic women. J Environ Health Sci Eng. 2014;12(1):125.
14. Salazar et al. Glucosamine for osteoarthritis: biological effects, clinical efficacy, and safety on glucose metabolism. Arthritis. 2014;2014:432463.
15. Sawitzke et al. The effect of glucosamine and/or chondroitin sulfate on the progression of knee osteoarthritis: a report from the glucosamine/chondroitin arthritis intervention trial. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58(10):3183-91.
16. Sawitzke et al. Clinical efficacy and safety of glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, their combination, celecoxib or placebo taken to treat osteoarthritis of the knee: 2-year results from GAIT. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69(8):1459-64.
17. Siddapur PR, Patil AB, Borde VS. Comparison of bone mineral density, t-scores and serum zinc between diabetic and non diabetic postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. J Lab Physicians. 2015;7(1):43-8.
18. Tan et al. Deregulation of bone forming cells in bone diseases and anabolic effects of strontium-containing agents and biomaterials. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:814057.
19. Tillander et al. Fish oil and krill oil supplements differentially regulate lipid catabolic and synthetic pathways in mice. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2014;11:20.
20. Ulven et al. Metabolic effects of krill oil are essentially similar to those of fish oil but at a lower dose of EPA and DHA, in healthy volunteers. Lipids. 2011;46(1):37-46.
21. Vigerust et al. Krill oil versus fish oil in modulation of inflammation and lipid metabolism in mice transgenic for TNF-⍺. Eur J Nutr. 2013;52(4):1315-25.
22. Wandel et al. Effects of glucosamine, chondroitin, or placebo in patients with osteoarthritis of hip or knee: network meta-analysis. BMJ. 2010;341:c4675.
23. Yang S, Eaton CB, McAlindon TE, Lapane KL. Effects of glucosamine and chondroitin supplementation on knee osteoarthritis: an analysis with marginal structural models. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015;67(3):714-23.
24. Zawadzki M, Janosch C, Szechinski J. Perna canaliculus lipid complex PCSO-524™ demonstrated pain relief for osteoarthritis patients benchmarked against fish oil, a randomized trial, without placebo control. Mar Drugs. 2013;11(6):1920-35.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.